LIQUID LINE SEPARATOR
STAR TRACE's Liquid Line Magnetic Traps are designed to extract the ferrous materials from the slurry or liquid raw materials in order to purify the material in the production process. Strong magnetic tubes filter the flow and extract the unwanted ferrous metal. The unit is simply connected to the existing pipeline via flanged or threaded ends. Simple and easy access is possible using the quick release lid. Cleaning of the magnets is easily accomplished by removing the cover plate of the housing and sliding out each magnet assembly.
Liquid Trap Magnets are engineered to remove ferrous contaminants from liquid and slurry lines. Efficiently remove tramp iron before maintenance and product contamination problems occur. The benefits of this magnetic separator can be experienced in most cases with no appreciable pressure drop or reduction in flow rates. All units incorporate a sump type housing to trap non-ferrous particles. Liquid Traps may be installed horizontally, vertically, or on an angle without affecting their magnetic efficiency.
- 100% Stainless Steel construction.
- Liquid tight with food grade O-rings.
- Easy access for inspection and maintenance.
- Tri-clamp, Bevel-seat (Acme thread), or weld end inlet and outlets.
- It is equipped with high-energy Rare-earth Magnets. Diameter of magnetic bar is 1".
- Construction uses Type 304 stainless steel. Type 316 stainless steel available on request.
- It can be fastened by screw nuts; it also can be fastened by band clamp.
- Easy-clean type can be provided on request.
- All of magnetic bars are waterproof.
- Condition: Well polished.
- Highest grade of magnet material with choices including Neodymium-Iron-Boron(rare-earth), Samarium-Cobalt (rare-earth), Ceramic, and Alnico.
|Group 1 - Fluid and strained Products||Beverages, thin soups, juices, jellies, light sauces, custard, syrups & salad dressing.|
|Group 2 - Fibrous & Crushed Products||Crushed fruits & Vegetables, chopped foods, medium syrups, vegetable soups, thick salad dressing.|
|Group 3 - Viscous or heavy Products||Thick puddlings, hot processed, creamed cheese, baby foods, frozen slush, heavy sauces, thin batters, heavy purees, heavy syrup, warm jam.|
|Group 4 - Viscous & Fibrous Products||Minced meat, ground meat products, pet foods, warm preserves, meat emulsion, thick batters, meat spreads, other viscous products.|
- Liquid Trap Magnets are engineered to remove ferrous contaminants from liquid and slurry lines.
- Efficiently remove tramp iron before maintenance and product contamination problems occur.
- The benefits of this magnetic separator can be experienced in most cases with no appreciable pressure drop or reduction in flow rates.
- All units incorporate a sump type housing to trap non-ferrous particles.
- Liquid Traps may be installed horizontally, vertically, or on an angle without affecting their magnetic efficiency.
Cage Style "T" Traps:
T-Trap Magnetic separators are designed for heavy duty, large volume liquid and semi-liquid line flow systems. The T-Trap employs a slip-in cage of stainless steel permanent magnetic tubes, which capture ferrous tramp metal particles and improve the purity of the product. As the particles collect, they migrate to the rear of the tubes where they remain protected from wash-off until the tubes are cleaned. With its top access bolt-on steel plate and seal, the T-Trap is easy to clean. Simply remove the top, lift out the magnet cage, wipe clean and reinstall. Available in 7 standard line sizes from 2" to 18" inches in diameter, STR T-Trap's can also be produced to meet special applications.EZ-Clean upgrade packages are available for some styles of manual clean, cage style T-Traps.
Plate Style "T" Traps:
When tramp metal protection is required for liquid lines carrying viscous to fibrous products, the plate style T-Trap is ideal. This magnet allows the product to flow through the housing without causing product bridging. An interior baffle is used to direct the entire product flow towards the powerful plate magnet, ensuring that tramp metal is forced into the magnetic field. Installation of the plate style magnet can be in any position. Vertical position eliminates the sump area, and in horizontal lines, cleaning is made easier when the magnet element is installed on top. Available in standard line sizes of 2" and 3" diameters. STR can also manufacture magnets for special applications or line sizes.
Technical Data of Cage Style Magnet
|ALL DIMENSION ARE IN INCHES||Litres/Min
|Part No||A||B||C||D||E||F||G||H||Group1||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4||Weight Kg|
Technical Data of Cage Style Magnet
|Model no.||A||B||C||D||Group1||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4||Weight Kg|
- Technical data specification subject to change.
- Special Liquid line separators can be made on request, Please send us your technical data and application, required for our engineers to provide.