Star Trace roll crusher can be referred to as compression-type Roll Crusher. In the mining industry, they are used to crush mines of medium or low hardness, rocks that have low or medium rigidity during mine selection, for cement, chemicals, and industrial production of building materials, among others. Roll crushers have the advantage of producing a close distribution of the product size. In cases where the ore is not very abrasive, the maintenance costs are significantly reduced. Theoretically speaking, the maximum reduction ratio of roll crushers is 4:1. For example, the smallest size that can be recognized by a particle is 1/2 an inch. Using this machine, a material is crushed and reduced to a minimum particle size of 10 Mesh (2 mm). The materials are crushed by compression between two rolls rotating about a shaft. The size between the two drools used for compression can be suitably adjusted according to the desired size of the end-product. It is important to note that the largest particle size of the materials inserted should not be more than four times the dimension of the gap.
The rotation of the two rolls draws the particles to be crushed into the gap forming a friction angle between the rolls and particles referred to as nip angle. Through forcing the materials between the gap, the rolls create compressive forces causing the materials to fracture.
Features and Applications:
Roll crusher have the advantage of producing an end-product that is has a fine size distribution and they produce little dust or fines during operation. They are widely used for crushing minerals whose abrasive levels are low and in the small scale production of mine. Roll crushers are mostly used during coal mining. The crushers used may either be single roll or double roll. When used in coal mining, the surface of the rolls will have teeth or raised forms (when used for minerals and metal ores, the rolls have a smooth surface).
The roll crusher are capable of producing between 100 and 120 million bricks per year. They are widely used in the production of facing bricks, paving bricks, hollow and thermal bricks.
- Applicable material
- Shale clay
- Coal gangue
- River silt
The particles are drawn into the gap between the rolls by their rotating motion and a friction angle formed between the rolls and the particle, called the nip angle. The two rolls force the particle between their rotating surface into the ever smaller gap area, and it fractures from the compressive forces presented by the rotating rolls.
In order to give you a responsible quotation, you can inform us the following information:
- What's the material you are going to deal with
- What's the granularity of the material
- What's the granularity of the final products are you going to achieve
- What's the producing capacity you are going to achieve
- Our engineers will suggest you the most suitable one for you according to your information
- Mounting : Floor mounting (Star Trace make laboratory equipments need not to have any special civil works, these can easily shift from one place to another place)
- Feeding Size : 10 to 18 mm (approx.)
- Product Size : Up to 3 mm (aprox.) (We can adjust the gap between two rolls as per the requirement of the product size)
- Capacity : 150 Kg/hr.(Depending on the material to be crushed)
- Roll Diameter : 250 mm
- Roll Width : 300 mm
- Power Supply : 2x3 HP Motor, 4 pole, 16 amp MCB, (3 phase + neutral with earthing)A.C, 50/60 Hz, 415 V